Sunday, February 22, 2009

February 22, 2008

Well, we are 27 months out from mom's cholangiocarcinoma surgery. I know that we are way into the journey of dealing with cc, but I decided that it would be a good time to start blogging about it. It will be a way to share with others what is happening in our lives, and a good outlet for me. Cancer consumes many of my thoughts. Mom seems much more at peace with the idea than me. I think think think about it all of the time. Mom is my best friend and I hate to see her suffering, and even though I know all of us will eventually die I hate to think about Mom leaving. My dad died of a massive heart attack in 1996. I was 21. I worried about Mom having a heart attack for many years after that, and then this evil beast jumped out at us. CC has made me realize that we have to treasure every day.

1 comment:

  1. Treasure every moment of every day-your mom's smile could light up a room! I walked where you are a year and a half ago-it is not easy-but you are blessed to be with her -support her -care for her at this time.
    Take care of yourself also.

    ReplyDelete