Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hi there,

Since the last time that I was here we took a trip to Texas. Gary, Maddy, Mom, and I went to Texas to visit Mom's 92 year old aunt. What a fun trip we had.
Mom had another dr visit with her oncologist a couple of weeks ago. Things are stable, so still no chemo. She goes back at the end of July to have another scan. We are actually at the point right now where cancer isn't on our minds every day. Mom is feeling so well. Life is good.
I talked to my dr about getting screened for Lynch syndrome. Lynch Syndrome is a gene that can contribute to bile duct cancer, along with many others. My insurance won't approve it unless you have cancer. I could pay for the test, but it would cost $3000.00.... ugh! Guess I will have to wait to see if I actually get cancer. Doesn't make much sense to me!
The baby is moving right along. I am now about 14 weeks, and definitely showing. I can feel some movement too. I had a test last time to see if I was a carrier for cystic fibrosis. The test came back normal... yea! Gary has a niece who was born with cystic fibrosis, so it could have been bad if I was a carrier, because he definitely could be one too. I should be able to go early in July to find out the sex of the baby. Everyone in the house thinks that it is a boy, except for me. I think that it is a girl. The name choices are Max (Maddy chose this, because she can spell it) Fredrick (my dad's name). My dad died of a heart attack in 1996. I really wish that he was here. A girl Julia (Mom's name, and my nieces middle name) Rose (my sister in law and nieces middle name). So, we will see shortly.
Maddy is 5, so we are going to start kindergarten in the fall. I am going to homeschool her. I have my teaching license. I am excited to get started on this journey. I still can't believe that she is 5.

I think that is about it for now :).
Thanks for reading,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment